5th Annual Storm Drain Art - Call for Artists!
April 1st - April 30th, 2018
Since 2014, TVWA has invited local artists to submit design proposals for storm drain art in downtown Fairbanks. The purpose of this project is to raise public awareness that ALL storm drains flow directly into the Chena River and to provide an opportunity for artists to create public works of art in downtown Fairbanks. The past art was displayed for one year prior to the construction on Cushman Street (2014) and on Noble Street (2015) and Cowles Street (2016).
Important information for this year:
- Submissions will be accepted April 1st to April 30th.
- Storm Drains are located on Barnette Street.
- Use this Storm Drain template in your design.
- Artists will paint on Saturday, June 2nd (weather permitting).
- Winning artists will receive $125 for each design painted.
Public voting will be at TVWA's 1st Friday, Open House on May 5th, 2018
When designing the artwork, artists were encouraged to think of the following three themes.
1. Storm Water Pollution (litter, vehicle fluids, pet waste, soapy water, etc.)
2. Fish, Wildlife, Habitat (moose, beavers, ducks, salmon, grayling, willows, etc.)
3. Quality of Life (clean water for recreation, drinking, natural beauty, etc.)
Fill out the form below!
Email us your design!
Make sure to email your design in .jpg or .pdf format to email@example.com to enter into the contest. Please include your name and the title of the design in your email.
Thank you for your entry! Once we receive your design, TVWA will enter you in the contest. The winning designs will be picked by the public. If your entry was picked as a winner, TVWA will notify you by May 12th. The painting will be Saturday, June 2 (weather permitting).
Email or call the TVWA office at 907-374-8890 if you have any questions.