4th Annual Storm Drain Art - Call for Artists!
April 1st - May 5th, 2017
For the past 3 years TVWA has invited local artists to submit design proposals for storm drain art in downtown Fairbanks. The purpose of this project is to raise public awareness that ALL storm drains flow directly into the Chena River and to provide an opportunity for artists to create public works of art in downtown Fairbanks. The past art was displayed for one year prior to the construction on Cushman Street (2014) and on Noble Street (2015) and Cowles Street (2016).
Important information for this year:
- Submissions will be accepted April 1st to May 5th.
- Storm Drains are located on Gilliam Street.
- Use this Storm Drain template in your design.
- Winning Artists will paint on Saturday, May 20th (weather permitting).
- Winning artists will receive $150 for each design painted.
When designing the artwork, artists were encouraged to think of the following three themes.
1. Storm Water Pollution (litter, vehicle fluids, pet waste, soapy water, etc.)
2. Fish, Wildlife, Habitat (moose, beavers, ducks, salmon, grayling, willows, etc.)
3. Quality of Life (clean water for recreation, drinking, natural beauty, etc.)
Fill out the form below!
Email us your design!
Make sure to email your design in .jpg or .pdf format to email@example.com to enter into the contest. Please include your name and the title of the design in your email.
Thank you for your entry! Once we receive your design, TVWA will enter you in the contest. The winning designs will be picked by the public. If your entry was picked as a winner, TVWA will notify you by May 12th. The painting will be Saturday, May 20th (weather permitting).
Email or call the TVWA office at 907-374-8890 if you have any questions.