Programs Director Position
TVWA is currently recruiting for our Programs Director position. The goal of this position is to administer Tanana Valley Watershed Association programs by accomplishing its mission to promote and improve the health of the Tanana Valley watershed through education, restoration, collaborative research, and diverse community involvement.
Program Director Position - Job Description
Part-Time: An average of 20 - 30 hours per week
- Understanding of tax and labor laws as applied to non-profits.
- Experience in hiring and managing staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with grant applications and management.
- Experience working as a member of a team to develop and complete projects.
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization
- Scientific literacy and natural resources background
- Experience with water quality sampling and environmental education
- Implement TVWA programs: Adopt-a-Stream, Piledriver Slough Monitoring/Environmental Education/ WRAP implementation
- Hire and retain qualified staff as necessary
- Implement volunteer recruitment strategies
- Pursue community partnerships with other non-profit and corporate organizations
- Publish quarterly newsletters
- Organize regular meetings and occasional public events
- Pursue grant opportunities to fund current and future projects
- Maintain clear financial records of all funds received and spent; work with TVWA Board of Directors to prepare a budget
- Maintain records of all contacts, grant paperwork and file reports as required
- Provide monthly reports of activities to TVWA Board of Directors
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to TVWatershed@gmail.com
This position is open until filled. We look forward to hearing from you!