Saturday, June 10th 2017
1pm - 4pm
Your adventure begins at the Carlson Center where you’ll register and get free goodies. Explorer loop leaves on foot towards Pioneer Park and the Adventurer loop boards the shuttle bus to the Morris Thompson Center downtown. On the way, stop at fun and informative activity booths run by over twenty local organizations. The booths feature crafts, games, and puzzles all targeted to teach kids about their watershed. Snacks donated by local businesses throughout. This event will run rain or shine.
WHO: Children from toddler to middle school age and their families. (Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
WHAT: The Chena Riverwalk Event! A fun, educational outdoor activity walk along the Chena River with games, crafts, snacks and goodies along the way provided by local partners and sponsors.
WHEN: Saturday, June 11th - beginning at 1pm with shuttles running until 3pm.
WHERE: Arrive at the Carlson Center to check in, get your map and goodie bag, and choose from the 3/4 mile "explorer loop" intended for kids ages 2-6 that goes through Pioneer Park and ends with a free train ride around the park and the 2 mile "adventurer loop" intended for kids ages 7-12 + for this loop you board a bus to the Morris Thompson Center and walk back to the Carlson Center along the river.
PRICE: The Riverwalk is a free event but donations of $5/child are greatly appreciated.
WHY: Learn about and connect to the Chena River, have fun outside!
A big thanks to our 2015 sponsors!
WANT TO SPONSOR THIS EVENT? The Chena Riverwalk has almost doubled in size for the last four years and we are expecting around 800 participants this year. This fun family friendly event is designed to get the community outdoors and educate them on all things about the Chena River as well as foster the next generation of watershed stewards! To become a sponsor please contact event coordinator Bryn McElroy at Bryn.email@example.com.
WANT TO HOST AN ACTIVITY STOP? If you are a local business, non-profit, club, or group that cares about getting kids outside and educating them about our community and watershed, we would love to have you join in the fun!
TVWA provides the following:
- A table and 2 chairs.
- Snacks for volunteers.
- A great opportunity to connect with the community and promote your organization or cause.
- A chance to work outside along the beautiful Chena River.
- An activity for you to do with the kids - let us know if you would like to get a pre-arranged activity.
Things to know about the event as a table host:
1. Choose a loop: The Explorer loop goes ¾ mile from the Carlson Center through Pioneer Park and ends with a free ride on the train. It is intended for kids ages 2-6. The Adventurer loop is 2 miles long and involves getting on a bus from Carlson Center to Morris Thompson Center and walking back to Carlson Center along the river. This loop is intended for kids ages 7-12.
2. Pick an activity: Create a fun, educational, watershed-related game, craft, or activity for kids ages 2-6 (explorer loop) or 7-12 (adventurer loop) that lasts approx 3 minutes. This year we have applied for additional funding to help you develop curriculum and activities. We have pre-planned activities in our Rain to Rivers Resource library for you to choose from, just let us know as they are first come, first served.
3. Sending two volunteers from your organization or business to set up the booth between 11 and 12:30 and run it from 1-4. We greatly appreciate volunteers and will provide snacks!
Reserve your spot today!
Complete our easy booth registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or TVWA at 516 Second Ave, Suite 412 Fairbanks AK 99701. You can pay with a credit card via PayPal by clicking on the "pay now" button or you can pay with a check. Please make the check out to Tanana Valley Watershed Association. Booth fees are $25. If you have any questions please contact Bryn McElroy at 907.374.8890 pr email her at email@example.com.